BENEFITS OF PROBIOTICS
There are many ‘friendly bacteria’ which are considered beneficial for the body. They are found in the gut and are acquired at birth and onward. Their role is to synthesize certain vitamins and contribute to healthy immune system. They also help convert fibers into fatty acids. Taking probiotics help increase the number of friendly bacteria in the gut and boost their functions. Probiotics are live microorganisms that are able to help promote healthy digestive tract and provide healthy immune system. Probiotics can be provided through food, beverages and dietary supplements like yogurt, soy products and pickled vegetables.
Here are the key benefits of taking probiotics:
1. Probiotics like yogurt helps in the proper functioning of digestive system. It can be taken by those who are lactose intolerant as lactose is broken down in the fermentation process.
2. They are high in protein and minerals and support metabolism by increasing your energy. It also regulates appetite by increasing the production of hormones. It is beneficial to control weight gain.
3. Probiotics have immune enhancing properties as it contains zinc, selenium and magnesium. They are also known to reduce inflammation, depression and stress.
4. It helps in lowering bad cholesterol and help maintain healthy heart and blood pressure.
5. Probiotics have high amount of phosphorus and calcium and are beneficial for bones and teeth. The vitamins and minerals in them are helpful in preventing osteoporosis.
Make sure you take the right probiotics if you are looking to them to boost your health.